Mshololo said she had been unable to take instruction from Ntuli to prepare his defence.
READ: Photos from the archive | City Press moments in time
Judge Tshifhiwa Maumela postponed the trial to April 12, further ordering that the state should ensure that the accused are available when required by their legal counsels.
Ntuli was in the dock alongside co-accused Muzikawukhulelwa Sibiya, Bongani Ntanzi, Mthobisi Mncube and Mthokoziseni Maphisa. They are facing charges of murder, attempted murder, armed robbery, possession of an unlicensed firearm and possession of ammunition.
Speaking after the matter was adjourned, the head of AfriForum’s legal department, Advocate Gerrie Nel, insisted that more arrests ought to have been made.
“From what I have seen and the briefings I have had from the SA Police Service, I am convinced that we have the correct people in court, but I would have expected more arrests. I would have expected other people to be with them because I have said along that I do not believe that this was a robbery that went wrong.
READ: Gospel extravaganza: One night only with Kelly Khumalo
“As far as I am concerned, the police know who it is. They have finalised the investigation. They are still busy with it, I think here and there. As far as I am concerned, the police have a very good idea of who the mastermind is and I am sure that if the mastermind is not added to the indictment, there will be other indictments in the future.”